St. Patty's Day Rules
- HAVE FUN! Please remember that we are here to have fun #1. With the setup of this indoor tournament there might be crazy things happen when the ball is in play. Remember to please relax and let the umpires make the calls. Do not yell at umpires. Relax and enjoy the atmosphere. You could be outside in the cold and might be if you yell at umpires. Umpire has final ruling on any out of the ordinary plays that may happen.
- Time Limits: All games will have 60 min. time limits. No new inning after 55 minutes. There will be 5 minutes between games and new game must start. Only 2 warm-up pitches between innings. Pool Play games can end in a tie, all pool play games and bracket games will stop at 60 minutes no matter who is ahead or who is batting. Bracket games that are tied will finish the inning. If game is still tied, game will be finished with international rules, last out at second base. 2nd extra inning starts with last two outs at 2nd & 3rd. 3rd extra inning starts with last 3 outs as bases loaded. Both teams will bat in extra innings until a winner is declared. Championship games will carry a 60 minute time limit and must finish the inning if the home team is trailing when the buzzer sounds. No new inning will start after 55 minutes.
- When in doubt play it out! The ball may bounce off the ceiling, nets, etc. Play every play out and let the umpire make the call.
- Ceiling is live! If the ball hits the ceiling & stays fair or is touched in fair territory, the ball is live and will have to be played no matter where it bounces and can be caught for an out before touching the ground! If the ball hits the ceiling and goes foul before being touched it is a foul ball. In bracket play NO infield fly rule, it will not be in effect during bracket play.
- Side nets: A batted ball is foul if hit into the side net or off wall in foul territory.
- Outfield fences: If the ball is hit over the fencing on your field at any age level it will be ruled a home run.
- Batter limit: No more than 10 batters will hit in any half inning. An inning is over once 10 batters have batted at all age levels to keep games moving.
- Run rule: 8 runs after 3 innings, 7 runs after 4 innings & 6 runs after 5 innings.
- Championship games: Championship games will carry a 60 min. time limit and must finish the inning if home team is trailing when the buzzer sounds. No new inning after 55 minutes.
- Be ready to play! All teams should be ready to play 30 minutes before established times posted. If a game ends early due to run rule, we will start the next game early, 5 minutes after the previous game ends.
- Overthrows: Overthrows off the wall or net will be played live unless, a live ball gets caught in the netting or goes out of the field of play, umpires will allow one base to runners.
- Passed Balls: Runner can only take 1 base on passed balls to the catcher with the risk of still being thrown out going to that base.
- Free Substitution: 10U & 12U teams must bat all players present on roster, 14U & 16U may bat as many as they want. All teams may substitute at any time without penalty. Courtesy runner allowed for the catcher to speed up games.
- Softballs: We will use Diamond Sports Flex-I balls to help with the safety of people watching and players on the fields.